ODD

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Mon Nov 3 15:03:18 PST 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 04:57:08PM -0500, bruce at smalltownpoets.net wrote:
> I found A fix although i am sure it is not right but it worked. I rm
> /usr/include/siginfo.h then unpacked source and tried again and it installed
> fully. can anyone explain this ?

Yes. The problem is definitely related to a faulty kernel headers
installation. That header you posted normally lives in "/usr/iclude/asm". I
can only conclude that somehow the line below wasn't executed properly:

cp -HR include/asm /usr/include

Maybe, you made a typo the first time, then got it right on the second? That
would explain it. If so, then you have a whole pile of headers from asm in
the wrong directory. I wouldn't trust your system in this case. I'd start Ch
again.