problem in glibc-2.3.2 locales (LFS-5.0-pre, Ch6)

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Mon Nov 3 14:53:56 PST 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 08:17:17PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
>  Checked the script to get into chroot, the +h is there.  Looking at the
> results of `set', I don't seem to have LC_ALL, but rereading the book
> suggests I'll lose that when I go in to chroot.

that's what I was getting at. I cannot reproduce here, but I thought after
checking google that LC_ALL value might be relevant.

>  Well, I've definitely looked now and I'm none the wiser.  Which
> particular search terms did you have in mind (e.g. es_MX brings up a
> vast amount of hits, typically from debian or mdk, or in Spanish) ?

I was focussing more on the error rather than the locale itself i.e.
"LC_TIME: unknown character in field abday".

In short, dunno :-(

But I'm always suspicious where folks have muliple problems that other folks
seem not to have. It suggests some sort of non-standard installation steps
or deviation from the book's instructions or some other weirdness.