trouble with Installing GCC-3.3.1 - Pass 2

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 3 13:27:59 PST 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 14:23, Rocky Jones wrote:
> I'm building LFS 5.0PRE3 using knoppix 2.4.5, and in chapter 5, during
> Installing GCC-3.3.1 - Pass 2, I receive errors which I cannot figure out
> myself:

I am very confused. You just said you are trying to install gcc-3.3.1
pass 2, but:

> lfs at 0[glibc-2.3.2]$ make

You are running 'make' from the glibc-2.3.2 directory (but that's wrong
anyways, you should be running make from the glibc-build directory if
you were to compile glibc). But then I see this:

> make[3]: *** [libbfd.la] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-build/bfd'

Which is an error from the binutils build.

So are you working on GCC, Glibc or Binutils?

I think you either pasted the wrong lines from the wrong build logs, or
you are mixing up directories which would probably explain all your
problems.

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org

// Linux Consultant --- OSDN / DevChannel

// If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem