Problem with syslogd and klogd creating pid files.

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Mon Nov 3 08:55:33 PST 2003

On Sunday 02 November 2003 23:04, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 15:49, Alan Chandler wrote:
> > It does.
>
> Ok,  I suggest running syslogd manually and see if pid files are created
> then. If not, use the 'strace' program to take a peek inside.

My bad

I had installed the new boot stuff from lfs-bootscripts/contrib and these led
to aversion of syslogd and klogd being in /sbin. (Can't remember if I
manually copied them there for not).  The sysklogd packages puts the binaries
in /usr/sbin

So I had two incompatible copies on the same system!
--
Alan Chandler
alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk