chapter 5 binutils pass 2

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 2 16:36:59 PST 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 17:18, maeddas wrote:
> lfs at darkstar:/lfs/usr/src/lsrc/binutils-build$ make -C ld clean
> make: *** ld: No such file or directory.  Stop.
> lfs at darkstar:/lfs/usr/src/lsrc/binutils-build$ ls
> Makefile   config.cache    i686-pc-linux-gnu/  maybedep.tmp
> bfd/       config.log      intl/               opcodes/
> binutils/  config.status*  libiberty/          serdep.tmp
> lfs at darkstar:/lfs/usr/src/lsrc/binutils-build$
>

> this is the error i get when trying to run the make -C ld clean,
> that same command worked before when i did it before in this
> chapter now it is not working. i am using the book version 5.
> please tell me if you need more info

The easiest solution is to remove the contents of the binutils-build
directory and re-run the entire binutils-pass2 installation again.
Somehow the 'ld' directory was removed, but I can't tell you what would
have done it. I'm guessing a mistake was made on your part (there are no
commands in the book that cause removal of these kind of directories).

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org

// Linux Consultant --- OSDN / DevChannel

// If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem