error with m4 in chapter 6

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 2 15:36:03 PST 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 16:32, bruce at smalltownpoets.net wrote:
> is there a way for me to statically install strace and run it during the
> make command (if that sounds stupid excuse me i am still new)

You shouldn't have to compile strace statically. But if you want,
compile it like "make LDFLAGS=-static" and it'll be linked statically.

But I don't think strace will be of any help in this particular case.
What might be more helpful is run the gcc command that fails and add
--verbose to the command line. GCC will give you more info where it is
looking for header files and such which might give you a clue.

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org

// Linux Consultant --- OSDN / DevChannel

// If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem