Solution found! (was: Re: checking size of long double... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (long double), 77)

Stephane Charette stephanecharette at telus.net
Sat Nov 1 08:59:03 PST 2003

With regards to this error:

>>>	checking size of long double... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (long double), 77
>>>	See `config.log' for more details.
>>>	/tools/bin/ld: warning: ld-linux.so.2, needed by /lib/libc.so.6, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

I started over again from the start of chapter 5.  In doing so, I found that I was using gcc-core-3.3.2.tar.bz2 while LFS uses gcc-core-3.3.1.tar.bz2.

Everything now seems fine.  Without going back and trying it all over again, I'd guess that the problem was caused by the use of GCC v3.3.2 instead of GCC v3.3.1.

Thanks,

Stéphane Charette