Symlink on /mnt did the trick!

Kevin Boergens kevin at boergens.de
Sat Nov 1 04:32:46 PST 2003

Hello!

This is not the completely right place to ask, but I would be happy if
you helped me nevertheless. I don't have any installed system, so I
started to build my own system with a knoppix live system from CD.

I partly used the instructions form lfs and partly the help from
"building a minimal system from source code" from Greg o Keefe.
I compiled grup, linux, init, glibc, ncurses, util-linux and bash
(nothing static), but when I tried to chroot to /mnt (There I mounted
the new system), bash didn't find the needed libaries.

I got nearly crazy, until I made a symlink in the target system from mnt
  to . and now everything works fine!

Now my question: Obviously the libary paths are messed up. Is there any
possibility to fix this or have I to start again from scratch?

TIA,
	Kevin
--
http://www.boergens.de