Error while compiling GLIBC

Daniil Uspensky daniil at qnc.ru
Fri Jan 31 00:27:21 PST 2003

Hello!

I am building a first LFS distribution. But when I reached to glibc making,
I got a lot of problems. First, make say's that some program does not exist.
One my friend prompts me to say "chmod +x scripts/cpp". Make finished
successfully, but "make install" don't (it failed on install documentation).
This errors does not described in LFS-book 4.0. So, I think, glibc is not
fully installed and when I relogin, bash again says "I have no name!".

I tried to compile glibc 2.2.5 and 2.3.1.-- all the same.
My system is RedHat 6.2 (original).

Sorry for my English :-)

/Daniil

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org