Unfeasibly large signatures

Andrew Davis andrew at socallinuxsolutions.com
Thu Jan 30 15:52:33 PST 2003

Bill's LFS Login wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
>

>>HALLLLLOOOOOOO!
>>Am I the only one who realizes that this thread is generating more traffic
>>than the problem it's about?
>>This is the same pointless idiocy as replying to spam. Come on guys.
>>Grow up! This list is high traffic. The occasional large sig is completely
>>insignificant compared to this. Before anyone complains he should take a
>>calculator and compute the percentage of the lfs-support traffic caused by
>>large sigs.
>

> Agreed, but I suggest they take a calculator a calculate to e-10 the
> value of complaining about something the OP can't control and actually
> suggesting that the OP should wait until he gets home to participate on
> the list!
>
> A little presumptuous, I think!
>

>>MSB

I guess this is what happens when you get a bunch of geeks on a mailing
list... 10% real questions & answers... but 90% squabbling and other bs.
Come on guys... in the last two weeks people've bitched about long
signatures, 30K+ log files, the use of internet shorthand, and which
company to buy your blank CD spindle from. Granted, its Beyond LFS...
but it should at least have some relevance to LFS. Use the chat list for
the bs and pipe the "you're getting on my last nerve" complaints to
/dev/null. This list would have half of much traffic if people would
stick to asking & answering questions...

And since I know someone else always has to have the last word... please
consider this thread CLOSED!!!

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org