bug report to lkml

Rui Ferreira ruifmferreira at sapo.pt
Thu Jan 30 14:11:03 PST 2003

Rui Ferreira wrote:

> Did:
>  - compiled gcc-2.95.3 into /opt
>  - compileed linux-2.4.20 with gcc-2.95.3
> No success;
>  but just in case:
>  - compiled eciadsl with gcc-2.95.3
> No success either...
>
> Going for option #3

Short answer:
        It's my fault;
        I'm the only one to blame for my own problem.

Long answer:
        I've tried your #3 option (linux-2.4.21-pre4 with gcc-2.95.3) with no
success either.

        As sugested by Ian Molton, I copied mandrake's kernel tree (the working
one) over to my lfs system and compiled it with gcc-2.95.3 and with
mandrake's .config file (yes, the one for i586, with everything on it and a
assload of modules) == Success !

        So, one of three options would give me the solution:
 - It's the kernel source;
 - It's the compiler or
 - It's *** my .config ***.
        I took the short and most obvious option: Same kernel source, same
compiler but now using my .config.
        Et voilá, no success :(

        After all, it is my unability to configure the kernel that made it 'oops',
even after the eci guys look a it!
        Now I'll go back at them asking what is it that is required and I missed.

        Thank you all, once again.

        Rui Ferreira

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org