Unfeasibly large signatures

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Thu Jan 30 08:45:16 PST 2003

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Webmail) Many employers block known webmail servers from getting past
> the corporate firewall [...]

It might be possible for one to call their ISP and ask if they would
setup their mail server so that one could relay from their IP at work.
One could probably find a few other places that would do this also.

> NNTP) Again nntp servers will typically only carry a regulated list of
> newsgroups typically cached on their own servers.  I could never be
> bothered to find out whether any other nntp servers could be got at coz
> it was running under an MS Exchange environment which was frustrating at
> best.

AFAIK, the LFS mailinglists/newsgroups are not publicly distributed on
Usenet.  What you do is just add news.linuxfromscratch.org to your news
reader and subscribe away, just as is mentioned @
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/misc/nntp.shtml

Cheers,

~Jason