/etc/services lacks port 443 definition???

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 29 16:40:52 PST 2003

On January 29, 2003 04:58 pm, Andrew Davis wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that /etc/services is created during part of the LFS
> installation. Assuming so, is there a reason why port 80 is defined as
> being for http traffic, but port 443 is *not* defined for https traffic?
> Isn't 443 a standard for secure web traffic?

It is. The netkit-base package is also very old. Bugzilla contains an entry to
replace this old file with a current file from IANA (Internet Assigned
Numbers Authority). Here's a list with current and up-to-date numbers. "https
443/tcp" and "https 443/udp" are included in the list.

Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org