Update - LFS LVM target

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Wed Jan 29 02:24:45 PST 2003

Sequeira, Tony wrote:

> Things are looking good.  I have been playing with Chris's 5.0
> installation CD with the LVM modules included, and so far, the
> task seems feasible.  I am still awaiting the PC all this is
> aimed at, but I am happier about things now, and can see no reason
> why this will not work.

Do not forget that the boot CD/LFS 5.0 is slightly broken.  It will
not build serious c++ stuff.  Watch for the correction

> A couple of questions for Chris.  Your CD uses devfs, but I don't
> think it installs it on the target system.  Is this a selectable
> option with 5.0, if I install manually?  To what stage (chapter)
> of the LFS book does your automatic installation take the target?

If you want to build with devfs then this is your choice, though it
is easy enough to put in later.

The script builds a full system; but I will delete the generic kernel
that it copies in; since this would not work on scsi

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org