LFS on Laptop

Andrew Davis andrew at socallinuxsolutions.com
Tue Jan 28 12:29:11 PST 2003

Chris Eagan wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> This is my first LFS installation and I am through Chpt. 5.  I am using
> a Thinkpad 560X w/ 3.75 GB HD, 96 MB RAM and a Pentium 266 MHz.
>
> I am not sure about where PCMCIA support and ACPI (battery support)
> comes in.  Should they be included in a configuration file when
> compiling the kernel?  I looked the laptop HOWTO but I am still not sure
> where I need to take special measures in the LFS installation.
>
> Any advice, or explanation of similar problems overcome is appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Chris

I'd suggest just going through the LFS 4.0 installation. When compiling
your kernel, add whatever support you will want (PCMCIA, hotplug, APM or
   ACPI, etc). Then after you have a base system up and running, check
out the Beyond LFS docs, the hints (hints.linuxfromscratch.org), etc for
setting up PCMCIA support and APM or ACPI.
--
Andrew Davis
SoCalLinuxSolutions
andrew at socallinuxsolutions.com