LFS on Laptop

Chris Eagan chris24e at starpower.net
Tue Jan 28 12:22:25 PST 2003

Hello all,

This is my first LFS installation and I am through Chpt. 5.  I am using
a Thinkpad 560X w/ 3.75 GB HD, 96 MB RAM and a Pentium 266 MHz.

I am not sure about where PCMCIA support and ACPI (battery support)
comes in.  Should they be included in a configuration file when
compiling the kernel?  I looked the laptop HOWTO but I am still not sure
where I need to take special measures in the LFS installation.

Any advice, or explanation of similar problems overcome is appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org