newbie problem with hard disk space...

Matthijs mr_blade_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 28 01:59:41 PST 2003

I am having great fun in installing a LFS system, but
I think I am heading into a little space problem on my
ext2 partition on which I installed all the packages.
I made a partition of almost 1 GB, I tought the book
said that would be enough, but when I look ahead at
the packages I have to install (I am currently at
installing Zlib-1.1.4) and I look at the space I have
left (366 MB) I think I am not going to make it.

I dont think I can make this partition any larger,
because my own Linux installation (SuSE 7.3 Pro) is
installed on ReiserFS, and I don't know of a program
that can make that partition smaller. Can I back up
all the things I installed till now, and restore them
quickly on a new system? Or is there an easy way to
make some room. I don't think I can delete any things
from my LFS partition, I already deleted all the
sources.

I am using version 4.0 of LFS, and this is what my
partition table looks like:

/dev/hda 57.2 GB
/dev/hda1 51.4 GB NTFS
/dev/hda2 5.8 GB Extended partition