necessary packages for Linux Firewall

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 27 08:58:16 PST 2003

On January 26, 2003 07:39 pm, Chris Nally wrote:
> If I am going to use my LFS system as a Firewall only, what packages can I
> do without?  What packages are the necessary in order to get a functioning

Everything.

All you need is a kernel, some bootscripts and programs used by those
bootscripts and programs like ifconfig, iptables and the Freeswan programs.

You can delete the rest. Maybe keep things like 'tar' 'ls' 'ln' 'mv' and such
around so you can still work with that system and make changes when needed.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org