Error compiling Linux-2.4.19 in chapter 8.

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 27 08:15:32 PST 2003

On January 19, 2003 06:33 pm, Manuel Vázquez Acosta wrote:
> Then, in chapter 8, when I try to compile linux
> it says /bin/pwd is missing. Again in chapter 6 in
> the same place:
> ln -s /static/bin/pwd /bin/pwd &&
> .... &&
> rm /bin/pwd
>

> I made the symlink and it seems linux compiled
> ok.

You should not need to create the symlink. When you get to chapter 8, /bin/pwd
should exist already. If not it means something has gone wrong during your
installation.

> kmod: failed to exec .sbin/modprobe -s -k block-major-8, errno = 2

I assume that's a typo and you meant "/sbin/modprobe"

Boot back into your old Linux system, mount the LFS partition and make sure
that $LFS/sbin/modprobe actually exists.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org