Full LVM target system

Sequeira, Tony Tony.Sequeira at Edexcel.org.uk
Mon Jan 27 05:31:40 PST 2003

Hi.  I would like to bounce an idea or two of the
list if I may.

I want to create a full LVM LFS installation, using
Chris's LFS 5.0 CDROM (thanks Chris), onto a clean
system with nothing installed.

The CD has the lvm nodules included, but not the tools.
This is not a problem (I hope), as I can build them myself,
on my existing Debian system.  I am thinking about placing
the tools on a floppy, which I can mount and use before
starting the installation.

This should allow me to create the required LVs (I hope).

What worries me, is that the (VG) devices will be created in
the installation medium, but not on the target system.  I am
hoping that having done all this, I can somehow mount the
target drive and create the required volume group(s) on the
target system, allowing me to boot from it.

Is this feasible?  Alternatively, I can transfer the system,
once created to LVs as I did with my Debian system.

Any more ideas?  Anyone tried anything similar?  Any pointers
at all?  Have I gone stark, staring mad?

Cheers
--
Tony

We're looking for education's top achievers in the UK.  If you know someone
whose performance is simply outstanding why not nominate him or
her for an Edexcel Achievement Award.  For further details or
nomination forms call 020 7758 5515/5501 or email
achievement at edexcel.org.uk.
To enter online visit www.edexcel.org.uk/achievement.

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or
responsible for delivery of the message to such person) , you may
not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case , you
should destroy this message, and please notify us immediately.
Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent
to Internet e-mail for messages of this kind.
Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this
message are not given or endorsed by my firm or employer unless
otherwise indicated by an authorised representative independent
of this message.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org