Ch 6, Sed configure problem

Benny C. Mildh bmildh at linuxmail.org
Sun Jan 26 04:21:59 PST 2003

Hi!

I've downloaded the LFS-4.0-CVS book and packages.

Everything goes fine until chapter 6, sed-4.0 package.
I've tried this with CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS both set and unset.

When I try to run: ./configure --prefix=/usr --bindir=/bin
I get this:

 ----- ./configure SNIPPET --------------
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /static/bin/install -c
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
cat: conftest.c: input file is output file
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cat: conftest.err: input file is output file
cat: conftest.err: input file is output file
cat: conftest.c: input file is output file
gcc -E
cat: conftest.err: input file is output file
cat: conftest.err: input file is output file
cat: conftest.c: input file is output file
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for AIX... no
checking for ANSI C header files... cat: conftest.err: input file is output file
yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking minix/config.h usability... cat: conftest.c: input file is output file
no
checking minix/config.h presence... cat: conftest.err: input file is output file
cat: conftest.c: input file is output file
no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking for strerror in -lcposix... cat: conftest.c: input file is output file
no
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... cat: conftest.c: input file is output file
64
checking for _LARGE_FILES value needed for large files... no
checking for strerror in -lcposix... (cached) no
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking limits.h usability... yes
checking limits.h presence... cat: conftest.err: input file is output file
yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for memory.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking for strings.h... (cached) yes
checking locale.h usability... yes
checking locale.h presence... cat: conftest.err: input file is output file
yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking stdarg.h usability... yes
checking stdarg.h presence... cat: conftest.err: input file is output file
yes
checking for stdarg.h... yes
checking alloca.h usability... yes
checking alloca.h presence... cat: conftest.err: input file is output file
yes
checking for alloca.h... yes
checking stddef.h usability... yes
checking stddef.h presence... cat: conftest.err: input file is output file
yes
checking for stddef.h... yes
checking errno.h usability... yes
checking errno.h presence... cat: conftest.err: input file is output file
yes
checking for errno.h... yes
checking wctype.h usability... yes
checking wctype.h presence... cat: conftest.err: input file is output file
yes
checking for wctype.h... yes
checking wchar.h usability... yes
checking wchar.h presence... cat: conftest.err: input file is output file
yes
checking for wchar.h... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for ssize_t... yes
checking for working alloca.h... yes
checking for alloca... yes
checking for vprintf... yes
checking for _doprnt... cat: conftest.c: input file is output file
no
checking for getline... yes
checking for working getline function... yes
checking for obstacks... yes
checking for memchr... yes
checking for memcmp... yes
checking for memmove... yes
checking for strerror... yes
checking for snprintf... yes
checking for mkstemp... yes
checking for isatty... yes
checking for bcopy... yes
checking for bzero... yes
checking for isascii... yes
checking for memcpy... yes
checking for memset... yes
checking for strchr... yes
checking for strtoul... yes
checking for popen... yes
checking for fchmod... yes
checking for setlocale... yes
checking for mbrtowc... yes
checking how to build HTML documentation... with makeinfo
checking for inline... inline
checking for off_t... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for getpagesize... yes
checking for working mmap... yes
checking whether we are using the GNU C Library 2.1 or newer... yes
checking argz.h usability... yes
checking argz.h presence... cat: conftest.err: input file is output file
yes
checking for argz.h... yes
checking for limits.h... (cached) yes
checking for locale.h... (cached) yes
checking nl_types.h usability... yes
checking nl_types.h presence... cat: conftest.err: input file is output file
yes
checking for nl_types.h... yes
checking malloc.h usability... yes
checking malloc.h presence... cat: conftest.err: input file is output file
yes
checking for malloc.h... yes
checking for stddef.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/param.h usability... yes
checking sys/param.h presence... cat: conftest.err: input file is output file
yes
checking for sys/param.h... yes
checking for feof_unlocked... yes
checking for fgets_unlocked... yes
checking for getcwd... yes
checking for getegid... yes
checking for geteuid... yes
checking for getgid... yes
checking for getuid... yes
checking for mempcpy... yes
checking for munmap... yes
checking for putenv... yes
checking for setenv... yes
checking for setlocale... (cached) yes
checking for stpcpy... yes
checking for strchr... (cached) yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for strdup... yes
checking for strtoul... (cached) yes
checking for tsearch... yes
checking for __argz_count... yes
checking for __argz_stringify... yes
checking for __argz_next... yes
checking for iconv... yes
checking for iconv declaration...
         extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, char * *inbuf, size_t *inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);
checking for nl_langinfo and CODESET... yes
checking for LC_MESSAGES... yes
checking whether NLS is requested... no
checking for bison... bison
checking version of bison... 1.75, ok
configure: creating ./config.status
cat: /tmp/cs6135-11948/subs.frag: input file is output file
cat: /tmp/cs6135-11948/subs.frag: input file is output file
cat: /tmp/cs6135-11948/subs.frag: input file is output file
config.status: creating bootstrap.sh
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating lib/Makefile
config.status: creating sed/Makefile
config.status: creating testsuite/Makefile
config.status: creating po/Makefile.in
config.status: creating intl/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
cat: /tmp/cs6135-11948/in: input file is output file
config.status: executing default-1 commands
config.status: creating po/POTFILES
config.status: creating po/Makefile

Now, when I try to run "make" I simply get this:
"Makefile:15: *** missing seperator. Stop.

Please, If anyone can shed some light here it would be most appreciated

Sincerly
Benny C. Mildh, <bmildh at linuxmail.org>
http://www.linuxmail.org/