question about LFS

sp0de sp0de at netzero.net
Sun Jan 26 02:28:38 PST 2003

Hello,
        When you finish with your LFS you don't have to keep it on the
same machine. lets say you compile it on a 586, you would be able to use
it on any other 586 or higher machine. You would most likely run into
problems if you tried to run it on a 3 or 486 though. putting it in
another architecture will not work at all.
        If you want to compile it on a fast athlon or p4 and use it in a
lesser machine there is a way. check out the crosscompiling hint at
http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/crosscompiling-x86.txt

        Sp0de

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org