Embedded LFS system

Chris Nally nally at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 25 10:24:17 PST 2003

I am getting ready to build an LFS system.  I plan on using this system as
a firewall and VPN server only.  I have read over the LFS 4.0 book, and I
see how you configure the LFS system on a host Linux box, however, after
you are finished building your system, how do you transfer it over to a box
all its own (from the host box)?  Also, I plan on using a 32 MB Compact
Flash modules with an IDE adpater as my "harddrive", however I am not sure
which files I can strip from the LFS system in order to be able to fit the
entire LFS onto 32 MB.  I guess I am trying to build an embedded LFS that
would fit onto a 32 MB Compact Flash module.  Is it difficult to get the
LFS system to boot and function correctly from a Flash module?  Just a few
questions I have before I really get started.

Chris Nally

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org