resizing existing partition

Dario Birtic dariobirtic at gmx.net
Sat Jan 25 08:56:54 PST 2003

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 10:32:40 +0000 (UTC)
sp0de at netzero.net ("sp0de") wrote:

>     Hi
>
>         One program I have used for resizing partitions is Parted. It
> has an nice easy to use interface. Although I have only used it for ext2
> filesystems I just checked the page and it says it supports reiser.
> There are a couple of boot disk images you can download to work on your
> root partition.  http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/
>
> fsck is only for checking filesystems. I think Dario meant to say fdisk.

	Yes, I meant to say fdisk, it was late in the night, btw, and I was
looking at whole bunch of "FIREWALL: INPUT" blocks from UDP port 1434
(http://slashdot.org/articles/03/01/25/1245206.shtml?tid=109), so I
didn't "spell-check" my answer :)

	On the side note, nice to hear about GNU alternative to commercial
tools like PartitionManager and friends.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org