After chroot (chapter 6), no "mount" command to mount proc.

Jeff Gardner jgardner at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 25 03:32:49 PST 2003

I installed util-linux as follows...

./configure &&
make -C lib &&
make -C mount LDFLAGS=-static mount umount &&
cp mount/{mount,umount} $LFS/static/bin

I don't fully understand (yet) all of the syntax, but that's how I
installed util-linux. Should I have done it differently?

 Jeff Gardner <jgardner at austin.rr.com> [2003-01-25
10:45]:
> I've looked, but there's no "mount" binary. Do I
need to install it from
> a package? If so, which one? Or do I use my main
systems "mount"
> utility?

It looks like something went wrong when installing the
static version
of util-linux. You could retry that, and run the mount
from inside
chroot. but I would recommend using the host's mount
command.

Richard

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org