resizing existing partition

Ben Anderson pegandersonbd1 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 24 20:02:49 PST 2003

So I've decided to start the LFS program and am stuck already.  I recently
installed Suse on my machine.  It created 3 physical partitions.  /boot,
swap, and /.  I want to resize my / partition so that I can create a new
partition for LFS.  The book says to simply read the man pages for cfdisk
and fdisk.  I have read them multiple times.  I don't understand how I can
resize my partition.  I have umounted it and tried it.  I have tried parted,
fdisk, cfdisk, and suse's utility.  I do have data on this partition that
I'd like to preserve.  It is the Reiser FS.

Thanks,
Ben Anderson

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org