swapon: cannot stat /dev/hda6 (swap partition)

sp0de sp0de at netzero.net
Fri Jan 24 03:50:18 PST 2003

    Looks like the kernel you are using was compiled for devfs. Devfs
uses different locations for the hard disc device files, such as
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part6 instead of /dev/hda6. Using devfs
requires a few changes to the usual LFS install, if you wan't to use
devfs those changes are outlined in the devfs hint. otherwise compiling
a new kernel without devfs support will fix your problem.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org