error compiling gcc3.2 statically (chapter 5 LFS4.0)

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Thu Jan 23 17:01:47 PST 2003

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 01:50:39PM +0100, mojoman wrote:
> Thanks again. Your tip seemes to solve the problem, i have now happily
> compiled gcc.

Glad to hear it.

> Just one more question: I am using the LFS-book 4.0 to build my LFS. The
> instructions you gave me doesnt appear here. I suppose the cvs instructions
> are revisions of the one i use. Should i use them for the rest of my
> install, insted of those in the LFS-book?

LFS 4.0 = stable released version with well tested set of packages
LFS CVS = unreleased "in development" version with newer less tested packages

I only referred you to the CVS due those newer gcc commands which I thought
would fix your problem.

If this is your 1st LFS, stick with the stable version. Later when you are
more comfrtable with the whole process, use the CVS version and help out
with testing it.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org