mount /dev/xxx /mnt/lfs

Cameron Thorne zeke1138 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 23 07:23:50 PST 2003

william baker wrote:
> Hi, I am using the 4.0 version of the lfs book, I am using redhat 7.0 on hda1 and hda2 for the lfs partition. My question is: Using the commands
>
> mkdir -p /mnt/lfs
> mount /dev/xxx /mnt/lfs
>
> Will I make the dir /mnt/lfs on hda1 and mount hda1 instead of hda2. I found nothing on the FAQ. What am I missing here?
>
> William

William,
   In your case you would do as follows:
	mkdir -p /mnt/lfs
	mount /dev/hda2 /mnt/lfs

   This will create the directory /mnt/lfs on hda1 (your Redhat install)
and then you would be mounting hda2 to the mountpoint /mnt/lfs.  Once
mounted, anything you write to /mnt/lfs/* will be on hda2.  Do a man
mount for more info.

-- Cameron

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org