mount /dev/xxx /mnt/lfs

Rainer Peter Feller rainer at maren.desy.de
Thu Jan 23 07:21:37 PST 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, william baker wrote:

> Hi, I am using the 4.0 version of the lfs book, I am using redhat 7.0 on hda1 and hda2 for the lfs partition. My question is: Using the commands
>
> mkdir -p /mnt/lfs
> mount /dev/xxx /mnt/lfs
>
> Will I make the dir /mnt/lfs on hda1 and mount hda1 instead of hda2. I found nothing on the FAQ. What am I missing here?
>
> William

with
mkdir -p /mnt/lfs
you would make the dir /mnt/lfs on hda1
yup
then you should do something like
mkreiserfs /dev/hda2
to format /dev/hda2
you may also use an other fs ... it is your system
the you could make a
mount /dev/hda2 /mnt/lfs
to mount your lfs filesystem at /mnt/lfs

CUH Rainer Peter Feller

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org