Problem compiling Texinfo-4.2

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Thu Jan 23 02:45:47 PST 2003

Pierre-Alexandre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need some help.
> I'm following lfs-book 4.0 to buil a system under Mandrake 8.1
> This is my first attempt with lfs.
>
> Everything was okay for chapter 5, exept texinfo compilation.
> I can't compile ginfo. Other target in /texinfo-4.2/info are ok
> (makeinfo,...), but for ginfo I get a linkage error I don't understand :

> /usr/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `ospeed' changed from 2 to 4 in

> I'm sure it's a stupid question, but I don't know where to search :
> included files ? gcc version ?...
> I didn't find anything in the mailing list archive, so please HELP !!!

This in not a stupid question, perhaps an old question.

Your system cannot make this version on texinfo.  You need to get the
old version texinfo-4.1.  Use 4.1 to build chapter 5; once you have
done this you can use all your new packages to build chapter 6

Since this old version might be difficult to find; here is a local
copy for you to use

http://www.stockwith.co.uk/texinfo-4.1.tar.bz2

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org