Power Host Machine

Rob Millerd rmillerd at rmsm.net
Wed Jan 22 23:27:05 PST 2003

Just wondering if it's OK to have a powerful host machine and then move
the hard drive to an older computer.  For example I have a PIII 730MHz
with 256 megs of ram as my host computer.  I'm building a LFS system to
be a dial-up router computer to run on an old 386 133MHz with 16megs of
ram.  I noticed while installing Binutils that it said i686.  does this
matter?  Will I have any problems running LFS on the old computer in
this situation?

Thanks
--
Rob Millerd <rmillerd at rmsm.net>