Stupid Networking Questions

Leigh Gardiner leighgardiner at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 22 03:22:33 PST 2003

All you need to do is issue one command:

ifconfig eth0 61.93.188.175 broadcast 61.93.188.0 netmask 255.255.255.0

that gets your network card online...

I can't remember how to setup a DNS server...

But for the gateway machine its something like:

route default -add 61.93.188.1
not sure if thats correct or not though...man route to find out for sure..