Lfs boot problem #2

Manuel Vázquez Acosta manu at chasqui.cu
Tue Jan 21 19:47:49 PST 2003

Hi:

Following the lfs book I had copied lfskernel to /boot, and
/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.2-2 to $LFS/boot.
$LFS/boot<<<<

As you suggested I copied the /boot/message to $LFS/boot/message but lfs
didn’t started, it crashed. So, rollback.

My doubt now is that in the book says nothing about boot= or message=,
they just append the new menu option.

Can I remove safely the boot=/dev/sda line?

Does LILO boots from root= instead of boot= when I choose lfs from its
menu?

Does this have to do with the missing linux/autoconf.h when compiling
lilo and my "solution" of touching this file before compiling lilo?

Does this have to do with the missing /bin/pwd when compiling linux and
my "solution" of symlinking /bin/pwd --> /static/bin/pwd?

Manu.