LVM installation - including root directory?

Cameron Thorne zeke1138 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 21 18:17:48 PST 2003

I have just completed an LFS install (a somewhat modified version of
what will be LFS 5.0) using LVM.  I had numerous problems getting
boot/root converted over to LVM, so I left them alone on a small (64MB)
partition and have the rest of the disc as LVM.

I went looking for help on the sistina LVM mailing lists, but the
resounding answer there was to *not* use LVM for your boot/root
partition.  Having 64MB out of the way isn't too bad a compromise.

-- Cameron

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org