Background of LFS

adibelli özgür adibellioz at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 21 14:47:37 PST 2003

I have an senior project, and I want to create a linux distro but I want to have a linux operating system with minumum files. What are necessary files to run a linux (kernel,..,like this)? Can I perform this with LFS?

I have some questions?

1- how does LFS detect devices and install drivers according to devices?

2- and when LFS boots, which files does it use? I want to learn background of this project?

3-In LFS there are lots of packages in chapter 6? But I don't want to install all packages , is it possible?

I have problems with understanding background of LFS, if you help me , I will be very happy.

Thanks.