lfs-4.0 : chroot problem

Benoit thunderben at free.fr
Tue Jan 21 12:54:38 PST 2003

Hi everybody,

I'm installing lfs-4.0 on my PC and I meet a problem  at the first step of
Chapter 6 : "Entering the chroot environment".

Command "chroot $LFS /static/bin/env -i ... /static/bin/bash --login" seem
to work fine, BUT I'm not able to run any external command as "ls", "mkdir"
or "chown".
The only result is the error message : "bash: /static/bin/<thecommand>: No
such file or directory".

I changed some binary owner, before "chroot", to root : no change !
FAQ don't seem to have some info about that !

What did I forget ???

regards
Benoit

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org