DEVFS

Richard Lightman richard at nezumi.plus.com
Tue Jan 21 08:44:14 PST 2003

* Alexander Riedel <Riedel.Alexander at gmx.de> [2003-01-21 16:21]:

> why isn't devfs used in LFS ?
> I think devfs is stable enough to use it. I have running it
> at several machines without problems. You don't need any makedev - scripts
> or anything else.

LFS assumes that if the author/maintainer says something is unstable
or experimental, then they are probably right, and we should not argue
without an excellent reason.

You are welcome to customize your system as you choose. Many LFS'ers
are using devfs, and you can see from the hints and the mailing list
archives.

If you want devfs to become more mainstream, find out why it is
still experimental, and fix those issues :-).

Richard
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org