Installing Bash

Cole, David coled at casady.org
Tue Jan 21 06:00:44 PST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Lingard [mailto:chris at stockwith.co.uk]
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 8:36 AM
To: lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: Re: Installing Bash

Cole, David wrote:

> When I installed bash as per instructions in chapter 5 I recieved an out
> put of:
>
> ./configure: line 44: conf32386.file: No such file or directory
> ./configure: line 780: conf.log: No such file or directory

Looks like you have permission problems.  The bash package should be
unpacked by user lfs.  Then cd into the bash source directory, then run
the configure line again.

Since lfs owns the partition mounted on /mnt/lfs; you can use
/mnt/lfs/usr/src to unpack and build packages.

When I tried to unpack it as user lfs it would not work. I had to unpack
it as lfs in su mode. I am now thinking that this was not supposed to be
done this way and that a previous step was unsuccessful.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org