Can't make LILO

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at eos.sunderland.ac.uk
Tue Jan 21 04:00:18 PST 2003

"Fred" <andrew.walker27 at ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:b0i4ou$ddb$1 at quasar.highos.com...
> I get the following error when I do make on lilo-22.2
>
>  /usr/include/linux/config.h:4:28: linux/autoconf.h: No such file or
> > directory
> > make: ***[lilo.o] Error 1
>
> The manual for LFS mentions that compilation of this package fails on
> certain machines when the -g compiler flag is used and you should
remove
> the -g value from the CFLAGS variable in the Makefile.
> I assume this is the line in question
>
> CFLAGS=$(OPT) -Wall -g $(PCONFIG) $(AFLAGS)
>
> But what exactly do I do to it?
> I'm using Mandrake9.0 and everything has compiled perfectly till now!
> Thanks for any help.

This came up just the other day - you did check the archives right?  But
checking the archives and posting here you did do an `ls
/usr/include/linux/' to check that autoconf.h wasn't there?  It looks as
though you didn't run the "touch /usr/include/linux/autoconf.h" command
as part of the installing linux headers section.

Regards,

Matt.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org