Question on kernel upgrades

Sequeira, Tony Tony.Sequeira at Edexcel.org.uk
Tue Jan 21 02:01:12 PST 2003

Aaaargh!  Are you telling me that I should rebuild a stable system,
every time binutils, gcc and/or glibc are upgraded?  What about all
the software installed after the previous successful build, rebuild
them too?  Isn't this overkill?  Or am I missing something?

We're looking for education's top achievers in the UK.  If you know someone
whose performance is simply outstanding why not nominate him or
her for an Edexcel Achievement Award.  For further details or
nomination forms call 020 7758 5515/5501 or email
achievement at edexcel.org.uk.
To enter online visit www.edexcel.org.uk/achievement.

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or
responsible for delivery of the message to such person) , you may
not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case , you
should destroy this message, and please notify us immediately.
Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent
to Internet e-mail for messages of this kind.
Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this
message are not given or endorsed by my firm or employer unless
otherwise indicated by an authorised representative independent
of this message.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org