Can't make LILO

Fred andrew.walker27 at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 20 16:40:31 PST 2003

I get the following error when I do make on lilo-22.2

 /usr/include/linux/config.h:4:28: linux/autoconf.h: No such file or
> directory
> make: ***[lilo.o] Error 1

The manual for LFS mentions that compilation of this package fails on
certain machines when the -g compiler flag is used and you should remove
the -g value from the CFLAGS variable in the Makefile.
I assume this is the line in question

CFLAGS=$(OPT) -Wall -g $(PCONFIG) $(AFLAGS)

But what exactly do I do to it?
I'm using Mandrake9.0 and everything has compiled perfectly till now!
Thanks for any help.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org