LVM installation - including root directory?

S. Anthony Sequeira tony at neutronstar.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jan 20 11:07:01 PST 2003

If someone can give some pointers please.

I already have a Debian Woody installation with everything but the root
directory in logical volumes.

When do I need to start thinking about creating an LFS installation with
everything, including the root directory in logical volumes.  I have a
sneaky suspicion that it is right at the beginning.

I have already received the magical incantation initrd, so I know where
to start my research.  Is this topic covered in any of the later books?
Or do I have to extrapolate my own path in this?

Thanks for any help, and thanks for the help I have received in this
list and from the LFS community.

Tony
--
S. A. Sequeira