Question on kernel upgrades

Peter B. Steiger wypbs001 at bornagain.com
Mon Jan 20 09:13:44 PST 2003

After a compile problem related to the fact that I'm trying to shoehorn a
beta kernel (2.5.58) into lfs, I'm going to go back and play by the rules
with the recommended stable kernel, 2.4.20.

If and when a new stable kernel is released, what else should I upgrade
along with it?  Can I just upgrade the kernel and keep the glibc, gcc,
lilo, etc. based on the current kernel headers?  Are there specific
packages that should always be updated whenever I build a new kernel?  Or
should I build a whole new LFS base from the start to ensure total
integrity between kernel headers and package builds?

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org