no luck with network in lfs 4.0 (help please :) )

Rob Park eocnex at hnyoregn.pn
Mon Jan 20 01:07:22 PST 2003

Alas! Mark Jones spake thus:
> I was able to make it past this.  Now, I'm fighting to get my USB mouse
> working properly for X-Windows.  And, kernel 2.4.19 that is part of the
> lfs distribution has bugs in the USB HID section.  I had unresolved
> symbols when built modular, and when I tried to build it without modules
> in that area, I had unresolved symbols.  So I downloaded 2.4.20 from
> kernel.org and now my USB mouse turns on, I just do not have
> /proc/bus/usb

USB is tricky at first, but once you get it, it's pretty cool.

You need USB DEVFS support (not to be confused with DEVFS, which is
entirely unrelated) in the kernel, and once you've got that, you need to
mount your /proc/bus/usb from the fstab, with a line like this:

usbfs       /proc/bus/usb usbfs     defaults         0     0

Start a thread on blfs-support and we can go more in-depth about it, as
it's seriously OT here.

--
Rob Park
http://www.ualberta.ca/~rbpark