NIC Problems...(Got the modules compiled into the kernel :D)

Leigh Gardiner leighgardiner at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 20 00:17:19 PST 2003

Hey,

Thanks to the people that helped me get the modules compiled into the kernel
for the NICs.

I've compiled in: eepro100 and 8139too

Now, all i want to do atm is to get the first NIC (eepro100) onto the
network, then ill follow with the second (eventually, the first NIC will
goto the network, the second will goto an Ethernet ADSL modem)...

Anyway...I've done this to configure them so far:

vi /etc/modules.conf
alias eth0 eepro100
alias eth1 8139too

root$ ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast
192.168.0.255

I think the NIC is using the right module in the kernel, because when i try:

ping 192.168.0.200 (my machine) the lights on the switch flash, and so do
the lights on the NIC...but the problem is, the machine doesn't get any