Compiling NIC Modules Error...

Leigh Gardiner leighgardiner at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 19 17:34:28 PST 2003

Ok, I found it.

Yes, I had kept my original config file :)
I've selected it to be compiled into the kernel (and i found my second NIC
in there too, w00t :) )...
So far I've issued:
make menuconfig
(save)
make dep
make clean
make bzImage

its currently running through make bzImage...once thats done all I'll have
to issue is make install, I won't have to issue make modules and make
modules_install...

Once their done, I'll have to copy the /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage
file to /boot, and rename the old one, just incase something goes wrong i
can bootup with a floppy...then ill have to copy System.map to /boot, rename
the old one...

Does this process sound alright??