Big honkin' binutils

Peter B. Steiger wypbs001 at bornagain.com
Sun Jan 19 15:24:41 PST 2003

I finally got through a nasty problem with binutiles 2.13.2.1 in chapter 6
of the cvs (that caveat about bash 2.0.5b should be in the FAQ!) and I
notice that although the shared library version of ld and as are half the
size of the static version, they're still 5 times as large as their
2.11.93.0.2 counterparts that came with RH 7.3 - 307976 for ld and 227912
for as 2.11.93, vs. 1041757 for ld and 1648032 for as 2.13.2.1.  Are the
two versions that much different, or is this because (per the instructions)
I disabled all optimzation overrides, or did I screw something else up?

Not complaining, since at least it worked without the accursed segfault.

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org