Bunch of questions... (newbie)

Wolfman ".Wolfman" at web.de
Sun Jan 19 06:17:36 PST 2003

Hi there,
I just set up my LFS System, now I got some Problems by setting up my DSL...

1. the pppd demon can't find the /var/log/messages file..... sure, because
it does not exist... can someone tell me how I get the syslogd (which
should generate it????) to generate this file???

2. I got two network cards in my linux box, one for the LAN, one for the
DSL Modem..... But, only one Networkcard at a time works.... Both are found
in the startup and both are getting an IRQ.... but if I give IPs to both of
them and then try to ping them, just the first is reachable... if I let the
IP for the first on eundefined, I can ping the second one.... so does
someone got an idea???

3. How do I turn on the Num Lock at Startup??

Thanks for your help

Christian

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org