findutils-4.1 compiling error

dirk dildir at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jan 19 02:03:03 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arjan Oosting" <ajoostin at students.cs.uu.nl>
To: <lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: 17 January, 2003 17:34
Subject: Re: findutils-4.1 compiling error

> dirk wrote:
> > Hi Guys...
> >
> > OK so it's not really an error.  But it will not build any thing in
> > findutils either.  As far as I could tell all the compiles in findutils
had
> > this problem.
> >
> > I found out about this one as I was almost finished with LFS cvs of 15
jan.
> > While building linux-2.4.20 I got complaints that find was not a
command.
> > What a pain.
> >
> > making install in locate
> > make[1]: Entering directory
`/static/lfs-packages-cvs/findutils-4.1/locate'
> > make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../lib/libfind.a', needed by
`locate'.
> > Stop.
> > make[1]: Leaving directory
`/static/lfs-packages-cvs/findutils-4.1/locate'

> > If re run this compile several times now.  Where should I be looking?
Where
> > should the rules be?
> >
> > Thanks for any help
> >
> > Dirk
> >
> Did you use the following configure command for fileutils in chapter 5?
> CPPFLAGS="-Dre_max_failures=re_max_failures2 -D_GNU_SOURCE" \
> LDFLAGS="-static" ./configure --prefix=$LFS/static
>
> The -D_GNU_SOURCE in CPPFLAGS sometimes results in build errors on x86
> when using an older glibc (see threads in lfs.dev). U should use the
> following command in chapter 5:
> CPPFLAGS="-Dre_max_failures=re_max_failures2 " \
> LDFLAGS="-static" ./configure --prefix=$LFS/static
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Arjan
>
> --

This is exactly the script I've run.  After chapter 5 find locate et al are
in static bin.  They seem to be alright.  The patch is applied.  I've
rebuilt this several times with the same result.

The -D_GNU_SOURCE was never applied.

I'm building off an LFS 3.3 system.

The output during compile and install seem to be pretty much what Jim
Gifford sent in on Jan 9 so I won't repeat that.

I'm at a loss and stuck.

Dirk

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org